Low carbohydrate nutrition references curate research for 40+ metabolic conditions
We’re celebrating our Organizing Research team launching a big project with Metabolic Multipliers Sarah Rice & Nutrition Network
Curated research by metabolic condition
Can you name 40+ medical conditions with a metabolic component? Would you like curated research on each? Well it is here, “Low Carbohydrate Nutrition References.” Scholarship courtesy of volunteer Sarah Rice, BSc.(Hons) MCOptom (Optometrist – UK). Professional formatting and hosting thanks to Nutrition Network.
Printable downloads for 5 common conditions
Of particular interest might be the printable downloads of curated research by topic: obesity, type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, hypertension and NAFLD.
Curated round up of each month’s research
Looking for a curated list of each month’s new research? The download section (above) includes that too. Hoping it will save us all time.
Target audience – Convincing a curious clinician
We hope you’ll find this resource useful in convincing the “curious clinician.” Share with our mainstream colleagues who want to see evidence of the efficacy of lifestyle change for promoting metabolic health. So, if a busy clinician specializing in condition X were to only read one study about condition Y, we help them out by putting the most interesting paper at the top.
Thank our Metabolic Multiplier’s team volunteers
- Organizing Research team – Philip Ovadia, MD (this cardiologist’s input on the cardiovascular disease handout was invaluable), Travis Statham, Sarah Rice & Cecile Seth
- Clinicians Team – for reviewing how we’re organizing this information. For visuals & details see our metabolic health schematics
Target audience – Zotero group libraries for “convinced colleagues”
Your time is precious. So, we’ve also made 2 more complete reference libraries available as public Zotero groups. The search function & tagging in the Zotero version is much more robust than in Low Carbohydrate Nutrition References, so start your own searches in the Google Group.
- Metabolic Multiplier – Sarah’s (& my) complete library. 3,000+ references available. (The Low Carbohydrate Nutrition References above has closer to 1,000 references, which are tagged in this source library).
- Keto Science Database – Courtesy of Travis Statham, admin for the ketoscience subreddit. Almost 10,000 references. Includes carnivore, related evolution, anthropology, archeology etc.
Perhaps most importantly, Sarah & Travis are doing the hard work of keeping these databases up to date. We extend a hearty thanks to them both for their on going community service!
We look forward to continuing to curate & amplify the excellent work of metabolic health thought leaders!
Success stories from the our team
- Metabolic Multipliers
- Captain Malagon
- Nurse Christie – My mother’s suffering spurred me to find keto
Research curated by disease indication.
- Our overview of Nutrition Network’s metabolic health research portal with overview visuals explaining how we’ve organized it.
- A physician curated bibliography sorted by disease indication. Bibliography – Medical ketogenic diet therapies for metabolic and mental health research. ( ~25 studies)