Metabolic Multiplier is a grass-roots, volunteer-powered organization supporting clinicians, patients and researchers.
What are metabolic therapies?
Imagine your clinician prescribing:
- Effective sleep, exercise, social connections, sunlight, and real food.
- Manage stress, sugar, processed-food and as appropriate, carbohydrate reduction.
These documented, lifestyle-based treatments enhance basic biological processes.
We do not mean cure-all, untested, treatments, touted without evidence. These evidence-backed metabolic therapies and interventions worked for our great-grandparents. Work with your clinician to tailor interventions to your bio-individuality.
Why do clinicians care about metabolic interventions?
Metabolic, lifestyle-based therapies are substantiated by research as effective, cost-saving interventions. These treatments can help prevent or reverse many of society’s current health crises, e.g., obesity, diabetes, hypertension, depression, fatigue, Alzheimer’s and other aspects of Metabolic Syndrome.
Proposed order of interventions to improve metabolic health
behavior > nutrition > pharmacology > surgery
Consider the lowest risk, lowest-cost interventions first. Lifestyle (behavioral & nutritional) changes often have the greatest impact with few, if any undesirable side effects.
Metabolic Multiplier focuses on evidence-based lifestyle interventions – behavioral and nutritional.
Why do patients care about metabolic interventions?
Many positive, metabolic-health behaviors were common-practice among our great- grandparents, so they are time-tested and now research-backed. They tend to be cost-effective interventions that produce measurable positive health outcomes. They are reasonable interventions that are likely to improve your health. We are here to help you and your doctor optimize your health.
Power with volunteers – no financial conflicts
Improved metabolic health brings tremendous benefit to individuals and society. We have experienced these benefits for ourselves. Metabolic Multiplier is our way of paying it forward. We have no plans to sell you anything or to take money from others.
Metabolic Multiplier Team events
Metabolic Multiplier organizes volunteers into teams around areas of interest. Contact Cecile if you’re interested in joining and where your interests are.
An overview of what Metabolic Multiplier brings you
Curate low-carb resources
Our guides link you to valuable metabolic health resources from quality providers
- Best keto resources for doctors & patients
- Keto doctors near me – over 20 directories of low-carb professionals
- How to build my ketogenic therapy treatment team – How to support the more complex cases.
- Why write medical case reports about unique cases? – Our round up of relevant resources will save time if you haven’t written case reports before.
Provide layperson definitions of metabolic health terms
Human metabolism is complicated and scientists’ understanding is evolving. Clear definitions may promote understanding.
- What is metabolic health anyway?
- Lifestyle Medicine, the key to metabolic healing. “Lifestyle Medicine” isn’t just vegetarian.
- Layperson terms for ketone body metabolism
- Ketosis versus ketoacidosis, metabolic flexibility or pancreatic disability?
Curate & amplify leading thinkers in metabolic health.
We want our medical advice from. Metabolic Multiplier solicits quotes from subject matter experts in metabolic processes and interventions. This not only encourages clinicians and scientists to vet our content curation, but also brings out nuances and encourages scientific debate.
Support emerging guidelines
Metabolic Multiplier enthusiastically supports professional associations working to establish evidence-based standard of care guidelines and legal definitions.
Bring complementary skill-sets to mainstreaming metabolic therapies
Our team approach encourages volunteers with diverse skill sets to contribute. Let us know if you have interests, skills and passions to contribute.
- Strengthen regional and web-based low-carbohydrate ecosystems.
- Evolve a low-carb glossary. The public benefits when search engine results include appropriate low-carb and metabolic interventions.
- Amplify the best from others in our curated resource guides. Where information is missing we’ll create our own. We support providers of quality information both by sending interested readers their way and giving them “do follow” links, when the site is small enough that this is helpful. The latter helps their search engine results.
- Assist clinicians and researchers with their digital presence and strategy. Having specialized in metabolic health they might not be experts in all other areas.
- Encourage clinicians to author studies to help build the evidence base. Facilitate publishing of case studies.