Supporting Metabolic Health in Communities of Color
Future Wish List
Food 4 Health Alliance, another lobbying group, has been active. They might be interested in a focus group with influencers within communities of color. When Metabolic Multiplier published Leaders in metabolic health, keto and Black culture, we found that many had not yet met each other. So facilitating introductions to leaders in a particular affinity group will be beneficial. Note: Food 4 Health is not a low-carb group and not all have an understanding of metabolic health issues. This might be an opportunity to educate others regarding metabolic health. Could would be an educational process for them.
Communities of Color background not discussed in meeting
A recent CDC report highlighted the hardest hit ethnicities in the U.S. If you know of leaders in metabolic health and keto in any of these, please let us know! We’d like to build similar posts for each under-served group but we need volunteers to help lead the movement! In addition to clinicians, leading learners can be very helpful!
A Metabolic Multiplier suggested these links:
- Reverend William Barber Takes on Poverty and Race… from The Atlantic
- Dr. Paul Mason ‘How to survive corona virus part 1: the role of diet‘
Public Relations – We also discussed recruiting prominent sports figures, and other influencers to the metabolic health movement?
Other posts you might value
- Who does diabetes hit hardest?
- Leaders in metabolic health, keto, and Black culture
- For Bios see Thank you to Metabolic Health Alliance Volunteers
- For Teams See our September meeting round up.
- Let us know where you’d like to help!