Metabolic Health Alliance (MHA) mission & team overview
MHA Mission | Teams: Coordinating | Education | Science | Clinician | Organizing Research | Communication, Social Media, & Leadership |Building my Practice | Insurance, Healthcare Administration, & Reimbursement | Legal, Legislative, & Regulatory || Future groups: Sustainable Ruminants & Agriculture Tools.
We at Metabolic Multiplier enthusiastically support Metabolic Health Alliance (MHA) mission & team overview .
Address foundational pathologies of metabolic disease. Develop Metabolic Health strategies to support, amplify, and coordinate nutritional, metabolic and lifestyle approaches to metabolic health through advocacy, educational, legal and lobbying efforts.
Please indicate your areas of interest with the form above.
MHA Coordinating Team
- Purpose: Coordinate and align efforts with other organizations promoting metabolic health and nutritional interventions
- Identify and work with metabolic health allies.
- Meet regularly with other committees and allies to coordinate actions.
- Identify a liaison from each Team who reports back, often the team chair.
MHA Education Team Meetings
Curates training and certification programs, public awareness learning activities, and other strategies to raise the profile of metabolic health interventions and educate practitioners in their use. Curate school and community programs supporting metabolic health.
Team Education A – @ 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm ET (New York)
Team Education B – @ 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm ET (New York)
- Meets first Tuesdays of each month.
- To accommodate worldwide interest there will be two meetings with the same agenda. Choose what’s convenient.
MHA Team Clinician Meetings
Support the Society for Metabolic Health Practitioners (SMHP) to develop and promote standardized protocols for implementing metabolic health interventions in the clinical setting. (See Emerging keto guidelines)
Team Clinicians – @ 9:00 am – 10:00 am ET (New York)
Meets 3rd Thursday of each month. Join with Google Meet
MHA Team Organizing Research
Promoting human metabolic health with useful organization of research.
Organizing Research @ 8:00 am – 9:00 am EST
Research libraries on Zotero
- Metabolic Multiplier Curated by Sarah Rice of Nutrition Network. Being re-organized. ~2,500 studies)
- Keto Science Database (9,000+ studies) a more comprehensive list administered by Travis Statham et al.
MHA Team Communication, Social Media & Leadership
How do we make people care about metabolic health? Join our team of content creator volunteers. Build a shareable portfolio of shareable content for practitioners and other influencers. Build on our Communication and style guides for consistent messaging. The best ways to volunteer are by joining this meeting or by contacting us.
Team Communication @ 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm ET 10/27
- Communication guide for Metabolic Health Alliance & Metabolic Multiplier
- Style Guide for Metabolic Multiplier
- What Foundations support Metabolic Health?
Ad Hoc Working Groups
Read about their 2 asks and adequate essential nutrition, an alternative approach to the dietary guidelines. Generously provided input for
- How might we approach metabolic health definitions?
- What Foundations support Metabolic Health? Encouraging them to meet in a metabolic health Summit
- Supporting Metabolic Health in Communities of Color
Building my Metabolic Health Practice
Help potential patients looking for a low-carb clinician find you when they are looking for clinician support on their low-carb journey. Consumers might look in anyone of over 20 listings of Keto Doctors and Clinicians near me. If you are a low-carb practitioner building your practice, then we want to provide you tools to help you succeed. This Google sheet, Marketing your low-carb practice, can help. It has links to the submission page for each metabolic health practitioners directory. Let us know how it works for you or if we can help you along the way!
Insurance, Healthcare Administration & Reimbursement
- Insurance: Underwriting, Health, Life, & Critical Care. Create talking points to target self insured employers
- Include insurance reimbursement & healthcare administration. See Virta Health’s “Employers” tab for a compelling cost savings
- Support efforts by hospitals & healthcare practices that employ lifestyle and metabolic health initiatives. Identify opportunities for promotion and synergy. Coordinate with Education Team regarding useful educational materials.
- Encourage Insurance companies to develop actuary tables that reflect the impact of improved metabolic health on life span and overall costs.
See what we’ve discussed as desirable at previous meetings.
Learn more about…
- Upcoming volunteer events
- Metabolic Health Alliance
- Metabolic Multiplier
- Our September volunteer round up.
Let us know where you’d like to help or just join a meeting!
**Meeting Ground Rules
- Focus on what unites us – MHA teams are intended for those interested in furthering metabolic health. Metabolic Multiplier and Metabolic Health Alliance are diet diplomats, so please take “diet wars” elsewhere. Meeting ground rules will be posted later.
- Meeting Times – Initial meeting times try to span the globe: 6am – CA, 9 am – New York, 3pm Amsterdam, 11pm Melbourne, 7pm New Delhi. Each team may adjust to actual participants.
Curate existing resources
- Using metabolic schematics to organize our thinking about metabolic health.
- Best Keto Resources
- Affinity Groups| Black culture | Most under-served groups | We need you!
- Pot GK, Battjes-Fries MC, Patijn ON, et al Lifestyle medicine for type 2 diabetes: practice-based evidence for long-term efficacy of a multicomponent lifestyle intervention (Reverse Diabetes2 Now). BMJ Nutrition, Prevention & Health. 2020;bmjnph-2020-000081. doi: 10.1136/bmjnph-2020-000081