Where can I find out more about Nick Norwitz?
[caption id="attachment_3138" align="alignright" width="258"] Nick Norwitz is finishing an Oxford Ph.D. this year and then will work on becoming a doctor at Harvard Medical School.[/caption]
- YouTube Channel - Nick Norwitz's Food as Medicine Journey
- Cookbook - The New Mediterranean Diet Cookbook: The Optimal Keto-Friendly Diet that Burns Fat, Promotes Longevity, and Prevents Chronic Disease Paperback – April 6, 2021. Intelligently combines two of the hottest diet trends, Mediterranean Diets and Therapeutic Carbohydrate Reduction. We’re very excited that this will help educate more about carb appropriate options.
- Society of Metabolic Health Practitioners
- Accredited, founding member. You'll find him in the member forums.
- Feature article - It turned my life around, and it restored hope, where I absolutely had none…” —Nick Norwitz, PhD
- Grand Rounds: Ketogenic Diets for Alzheimer's Prevention in ApoE4s
- Between his Phd and starting medical school, Nick was a frequent attendee of Metabolic Multiplier's team meetings, especially Education, Clinical Protocols & Toolkits, and Promoting Metabolic Health. He was one of our go to editors, providing a valuable scientist's check.
- All his articles for Keto Diet App (20 as of 2/2021).
- Nick's success story From the Palliative care ward to an MD-PhD and "Nick Norwitz, an Athletic Diet?"
- Metabolic Multiplier blog posts written or edited by Nick
Selected peer-reviewed papers:
Researchgate summary of all his Journal publications (19 as of 12/2022)
- The Lipid Energy Model: Reimagining Lipoprotein Function in the Context of Carbohydrate-Restricted Diets
- Elevated LDL Cholesterol with a Carbohydrate-Restricted Diet: Evidence for a "Lean Mass Hyper-Responder" Phenotype
- A Company Is Only as Healthy as Its Workers: A 6-Month Metabolic Health Management Pilot Program Improves Employee Health and Contributes to Cost Savings
- Keto Diet & Lipid Panel:https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32351962/
- Keto Diet Mental Health: https://journals.lww.com/co-endocrinology/Abstract/2020/10000/Ketogenic_diet_as_a_metabolic_treatment_for_mental.5.aspx
- Alzheimer’s and insulin resistance: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31417394/
Nick's Podcast Interviews
- Meat Mafia podcast #53: Nick Norwitz (@nicknorwitz) - Ground Breaking Research on Cholesterol
- Life's Best Medicine with host Brian Lenzkes, MD Video or audio only
- Low Carb MD Episode 167 with hosts Tro Kalayjian, MD & Brian Lenzkes, MD
- Human Performance Outliers - Ketogenic Nutrition
- Low Carb USA, Episode 65 with host Doug Reynolds
- Meet your Herdmates: The Sodcast for the Ruminati with Peter Ballerstedt
- Diet Doctor podcast - Continuous Glucose Monitors's (CGM's) and Metabolic Health