Metabolic Mind - A revolution in mental health
Metabolic Mind™ is a nonprofit initiative incubated by Baszucki Group. Its mission over time will be to provide resources and build community in metabolic psychiatry. Jan and David Baszucki, and their son Matthew, share their family’s story of recovery from mental illness aided by a ketogenic metabolic therapy with 100 years of evidence in epilepsy. Experts in the emerging fields of metabolic psychiatry and metabolic neuroscience discuss new approaches to understanding and treating mental disorders.
Introductory video features
- Jan, David & Matthew Baszucki of the Baszucki Group. David founded gaming platform Roblox.
- Jong M. Rho, MD - Professor of Neurosciences, Pediatrics & Pharmacology, University of California San Diego. (USA)
- Natalie Rasgon, MD PhD - Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences. Director of the Center for Neuroscience in Women's Health, Stanford University School of Medicine. Visiting Professor, Rockefeller University. (USA)
- Shebani Sethi, MD, ABOM - Founding Director, Flagship Metabolic Psychiatry Program. Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University School of Medicine. Principal Investigator. (USA)
- Cynthia (Cindy) Calkin, MD - Associate Professor, Departments of Psychiatry and Medical Neuroscience. Medical Director, Mood and Metabolism Program. Dalhousie University. (Halifax, Nova Scotia. (Canada)
- Martin Picard, PhD - Associate Professor of Behavioral Medicine. Director, Mitochondrial Psychobiology Lab. Columbia University Irving Medical Center. (USA)
- Zoltan Sarnyai, MD PhD. Professor, Head of Laboratory of Psychiatric Neuroscience. Australian Institute of Tropical Health and Medicine. James Cook University. (Townsville, Queensland, Australia)
- Chris Palmer, MD - Director, Postgraduate and Continuing Education, McLean Hospital. Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School. Author, Brain Energy. (USA)
- Dominic D'Agostino, PhD - Research Scientist, Institute Human and Machine Cognition. Associate Professor, Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology. Morsani College of Medicine, University of South Florida. (USA)
- Georgia Ede, MD - Nutritional and Metabolic Psychiatry. Founder, DiagnosisDiet.com. (USA)
- Lilianne Mujica-Parodi, PhD - Director, Laboratory for Computational Neurodiagnostics. Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering, SUNY Stony Brook. Research Staff Scientist, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School. (USA)
- Ana C. Andreazza, PhD - Professor of Pharmacology and Psychiatry, University of Toronto. Canada Research Chair in Molecular Pharmacology of Mood Disorder. Thomas C. Zachos Chair in Mitochondrial Research. Founder and Scientific Director, Mitochondrial Innovation Initiative. (Canada)
- Harry Campbell, MD - Professor of Genetic Epidemiology & Public Health. University of Edinburgh. (Scotland)
- Jeff Volek, PhD, RD - Professor, Department of Human Sciences, The Ohio State University. Chief Science Officer & Co-Founder, Virta Health. (USA)
Metabolic Mind Grants
The Baszucki Brain Research Fund (the Fund) awarded 7 "Metabolic Mind" grants of $100,000 each in the fall of 2022. The Milken Institute administered the program and highlights the contributions of each winner. Our hearty congratulations to:
- Dr. Chris Palmer, MD - Harvard Medical School faculty. Author, Brain Energy. (USA)
- Dr. Georgia Ede, MD - hosts Ketogenic Diets for Mental Health Clinician Training Program
- Dr. Ignacio Cuaranta, MD - Spanish language information. (Argentina)
- Dr. Albert Danan, MD - French psychiatrist. In-patient metabolic psychiatry study. (France)
Registered Dietitians specializing in Ketogenic Diet Therapies
- Denise Potter, RDN - Ketogenic Metabolic Therapies Master Classes (USA)
- Beth Zupec-Kania, RDN - Ketogenic Metabolic Therapies Master Class (USA
Mental health professional
- Nicole Laurent, LMHC - Brain Fog Recovery Program. (USA)
Metabolic Mind has a promising newsletter.
Respected cardiologist Dr. Bret Scher, MD has recently left Diet Doctor to become Director of Metabolic Mind as discussed in this Low Carb Denver 2023 podcast.