Metabolic Health Alliance’s Science Team
- Will start once Education and Clinician teams have identified specific needs.**
- Draft definitions for specific carbohydrate nutrition terms. Review with clinicians, legal and others to develop consensus. For example, the macro nutrient compositions of various dietary approaches such as standard American diet (SAD), low carb and ketogenic
- Promote visibility of nutritional and metabolic therapies in the scientific & layperson communities.
- Create internships for those looking to get into the field in exchange for a LinkedIn review / grad school recommendation.
- Develop annotated bibliographies. Purposes & uses
- See MHA Team Organizing Research
- Clinicians could reference this page in their progress notes & patient education materials. Focus on Randomized Controlled Trials but perhaps not all studies. E.g., Dr. Chris Palmer’s Bibliography – Medical ketogenic diet for metabolic and mental health research
- Scientists could use it in a literature review. Repository of reviewed papers.
- Coordinate information with SMHP and other allies. See Using metabolic schematics to organize our thinking about metabolic health for ideas on structure.